Wheelchair Ramps For Schools
We've carried out many school installations including nurseries, primary/secondary schools, colleges and universities; placing great emphasis on safety as well as durability in a specification.
Wheelchair ramps are installed by our own engineers who are fully CRB checked for peace of mind, plus; we can work within the school holidays to accommodate round the teaching timetable. We price on application and design each ramp based on the client's requirements.
Features in a school specification
● Infill Balustrade Handrails - designed to reduce the open space between the bars on a wheelchair ramp, thus preventing a child from falling through gaps >>Learn more.
● Slip resident walkway with integral perforation allows any water to pass through rather than collect on the ramp.
● Highlighted edges - Visually shows the start/end of the ramp or platform where required.
● Mesh infill skirt - Prevent egress below the ramp.
● Trombone end - As the name suggest, this is added on the end of a Rapid Ramp for Safety. Designed to stop clothes catching.
Wheelchair Ramps - Features & Benefits
● Fully adjustable modular metal system.
● Fully galvanised guaranteeing longevity of use.
● Fully compliant with Document M and K of building regulations.
● Non-slip surface and fast draining.
● Entirely re-usable.
● Continuous handrail design.
● Extensive Gate & Step unit range.
● Available in a standard and safetread surface.
● Green colour handrails as standard, other colour options available.
● Rapid design + install.
● Ramps made of durable steel with galvanised walkway and powdercoated handrails.
● Reusable components.
● Excellent removal service if no longer needed.
● 3 year guarantee, 25+ year life span.
Choosing the right width
● 1000mm – The recommended standard size ramp.
● 1200mm – The extra wide ramp.
● 1500mm –The ideal choice for access to public buildings. This width meets the requirements of Document M1/2 of Building Regulations.
● Bespoke sizes are available.
Extras on Rapid Ramp
Units are an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
● Fully adjustable step units available in 1 to 4 step configurations with extensions available up to eight steps.
● Choose from 2 tread depths of 300 and 600mm.
● Step units can also be fixed directly to the wall.
Rapid Ramp Kits Available
Top class products are nothing without the service to support them! At Rapid Ramp we offer a complete service from a site survey, bespoke design, quotation to finished installation.