Wheelchair Ramps for Historic Buildings
Trust a company that have been improving access to historic buildings for more than 20 years. We ensure to take special care when dealing with historic sites, as we acknowledge that they need to be carefully preserved, so that future generations can continue to enjoy them.
The modular design of our Rapid Ramp is ideal for historic spaces, as the product can be altered to suit the needs of the space. For example, in the case of St Paul's Cathedral, the ramp's support legs weren’t bolted down. Instead, the legs were connected by cross-braces to ensure rigidiity. This prevented any damage being caused to the site’s cobbled ground or stoned steps.
We price on application and often install out of hours/at night to accommodate around a site’s opening hours. Case studies...
Modular Ramp - Features & Benefits
● Fully adjustable modular metal system.
● Fully galvanised guaranteeing longevity of use.
● Fully compliant with Document M and K recommendations.
● Non-slip surface and fast draining.
● Entirely re-usable.
●Continuous handrail design.
● Extensive Gate & Step unit range.
● Available in a standard and safetread surface.
● Green colour handrails as standard with colour options available.
●Rapid design + install.
●Ramps made of durable steel with galvanised walkway and powder coated handrails.
●Excellent removal service if no longer needed.
●3 year guarantee, 25+ year life span.
Choosing the right width
● 1200mm – The extra wide ramp.
● 1500mm – The ideal choice for access to public buildings. This width meets the requirements of Document M1/2 of Building Regulations.
● Bespoke sizes are available.
Extras on a modular ramp
● Fully adjustable step units available in 1 to 4 step configurations with extensions available up to eight steps.
● Choose from 2 tread depths of 300 and 600mm.
●Step units can be fixed directly to the wall or independently of our ramp system.
●The trombone end, as the name suggest is used on the end of our modular Ramp for extra safety. Designed to prevent clothes catching.
Infill Balustrade Handrails
● Designed to reduce the open space between the bars on a wheelchair ramp, thus preventing a child from falling through gaps >>Case Study
Rapid Ramp Kits Available
Top class products are nothing without the service to support them! At Rapid Ramp we offer a complete service from a site survey, bespoke design, quotation to finished installation.