Wheelchair Access to Public Buildings
Our modular Rapid Ramp is fully compliant with Document M and K of Building Regulations and continues to be supplied and installed nationwide.
We can install out of hours/at night to accommodate around a site’s opening hours, and price on application, designing each ramp to the client's specification.
Case studies include...
Features in a public building specification:
● Infill Balustrade Handrails - designed to reduce the open space between the bars on a ramp. This then prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps. >>View Case Study
● Slip resident walkway with integral perforation allows any water to pass through rather than collect on the ramp.
● Highlighted yellow tread to single the start/end of the ramp or platform where required. Yellow tread is a safety feature, designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the steps when descending or ascending. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes. >>Learn More
● Mesh infill skirt is often specified. It prevents people access to the underside of the ramp structure. This is not a legal requirement, but we would always recommend it for a school application.
● Trombone end, as the name suggest is added on the end of a Rapid Ramp for extra safe. Designed to stop clothes catching.
Rapid Ramp- Features & Benefits
● Fully adjustable modular metal system.
● Fully galvanised guaranteeing longevity of use.
● Fully compliant with Document M and K of building regulations.
● Non-slip surface and fast draining.
● Entirely re-usable.
● Continuous handrail design.
● Extensive Gate & Step unit range.
● Available in a standard and safetread surface.
● Green colour handrails as standard with colour options available.
●Rapid design + install.
●Ramps made of durable steel with galvanised walkway and powder coated handrails.
●Excellent removal service if no longer needed.
● 3 year guarantee, 25+ year life span.
Choosing the right width
●1500mm is recommend choice for access to public buildings.
● Bespoke sizes are available.
Extras on Rapid Ramp
A step unit is an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
●Fully adjustable step units available in 1 to 4 step configurations with extensions available up to eight steps.
●Choose from 2 tread depths of 300 and 600mm.
●Step units can also be fixed directly to the wall.
● An access hatch opens up allowing a person access to the drain covers.
● An optional extra on our Rapid Ramps.
Customised Powder Coating
● Rapid Ramp comes in green or black as standard, however you can choose a colour to match your requirement. All we require is your RAL colour number, this can be identified by a colour chart as shown below.
Document M of the Building Regulations specifies that handrails should be ‘warm to touch’. Our rails are finished with a sufficiently thick Nylon coating of low thermal conductivity, so that body heat is not conducted away from the hand. Your hand could stick to a galvanised rail if the rail was below Zero Degrees Celsius. >>View case study
● Rapid Loc is the most versatile ramp product on the market for solving access issues. Tiles are used to create ramps of any shape, size or gradient; from small ramp through to large access solution. >>Learn More
Rapid Ramp Kits Available
Top class products are nothing without the service to support them! At Rapid Ramp we offer a complete service from site survey, bespoke design, quotation to finished installation. Please call: 01424 714646 or email: email@example.com with your enquiry.